Self Study Process
Our work with your institution is designed to assist with the evaluation, updating, and determination of institutional compliance as it relates to Federal and Accreditation standards. We evaluate some or all of the following during our site work, provide feedback and written summaries, and assist in the preparation of the final documents. The Self-Study process requires a commitment from all aspects of an institution. It impacts all areas of administration, academic, and financial matters as the review is designed to reinforce the requirements of the Accreditation Commission and to report on any findings.
Our team focuses on Institutional Responsibilities and the Administration of Title IV Federal Aid Programs in the following areas:
Instructional Support Staff
- To assure that the number of instructional support staff [Business Office, Financial Aid, and Registrar] is sufficient to fulfill the mission and operate within the area of responsibility at the institution.
- To verify that instructional support staff are, and remain, well prepared by virtue of education, training, and experience to perform the duties assigned to them in conjunction with accreditation or federal requirements.
- To verify that accurate and current job descriptions are available for all employee positions including procedural requirements associated with fulfillment of the job functions.
- To verify that appropriate and published procedures for evaluating employees are maintained and followed equitably.
- To verify that all employees are provided access to current copies of institutional policies, and that the policies are matching functions performed by the staff.
- To verify that admissions policies are clearly stated, published, and administered uniformly.
- To assure that the admissions policies are relevant to the student’s ability to complete the educational programs offered.
- To assure that all recruiting/admissions activities and materials are ethical and accurate.
- To verify that the educational programs offered by the institution are properly defined, published, and made known to all applicants prior to enrollment.
- To ensure that each career focused program incorporates current job market requirements in its instruction through incorporation of advisory board focus group study responses.
- To assure that courses required for each program are offered with sufficient frequency for the student to complete the program within publicized time frames and course repeats are clearly defined.
- To assure that the clock hour to credit hour ratio meets the minimum acceptable requirements as defined in the criteria.
- To assure that all programs, courses, internships/externships, and instructional methods are clearly defined in the Academic Progress Policy.